Once you’ve had asparagus that’s been grilled, you’ll never want to have it any other way. The grilling process brings out the very rich and robust flavor of the asparagus while sealing in all the goodness. Grilling asparagus on your Foreman Grill could not be easier and in fact, is often a preferred method. The convenience of grilling asparagus on your indoor grill frees up space for preparing the main course. Give this recipe a try, you’ll be making it again and again.
- 1 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- zest from half a lemon
Total time:15 min – Prep time:10 min – Cook time:5 min – Serves:2 people
1. Preheat your George Foreman Grill for 5 minutes on high with the lid closed.
2. Cut ends off of asparagus and place in a Ziploc bag with olive oil, butter, garlic, salt and pepper and let marinate for a few minutes.
3. Remove the asparagus from the Ziploc bag and place on grill. Close lid and grill for 5-8 minutes or until asparagus is tender but still has some snap. Place on plate and grate some fresh lemon peel over the asparagus.
Can I grill ti-tip on the george forman grill. If yes, what settings.
Just tried it, very good! I also added a little bit of bacon bits at the end and mixed it up. Thanks so much!
can I cook corn on the cob on the grill and if so do I use tin foil and how long do I gook it
it’s better to microwave corn on the cob. Spread butter on the corn cob, add sea salt and pepper, wrap the corn in wax paper and place in the microwave for 4 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes then enjoy!
Yes, grill asparagus for 6-7 minutes or until desired tenderness at 375
This sounds good. I’m hoping it will chill well and be as tasty. (I need to prepare in advance for a buffet and thought chilled asparagus would be a good idea.)
Corn on the cob in the microwave for 3 minutes. Leave the husk on the cob better than wax paper. Trim the ends with the hair though.
This was delicious! My first time cooking asparagus-and won’t be the last. It was a little heavy on the salt for me (but that’s because 99% of the time I don’t add ANY salt to my food)-that’s the only thing I’d change. I’m even thinking about doing this same thing with the green beans in my fridge.
Green beans are great with olive oil & fresh thyme
Should the butter be melted before it goes in the bag with the rest of the ingredients.
Oh ya! Simple and easy! Thank you kindly for sharing!