Once you’ve had asparagus that’s been grilled, you’ll never want to have it any other way. The grilling process brings out the very rich and robust flavor of the asparagus while sealing in all the goodness. Grilling asparagus on your Foreman Grill could not be easier and in fact, is often a preferred method. The convenience of grilling asparagus on your indoor grill frees up space for preparing the main course. Give this recipe a try, you’ll be making it again and again.
- 1 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- zest from half a lemon
Total time:15 min – Prep time:10 min – Cook time:5 min – Serves:2 people
1. Preheat your George Foreman Grill for 5 minutes on high with the lid closed.
2. Cut ends off of asparagus and place in a Ziploc bag with olive oil, butter, garlic, salt and pepper and let marinate for a few minutes.
3. Remove the asparagus from the Ziploc bag and place on grill. Close lid and grill for 5-8 minutes or until asparagus is tender but still has some snap. Place on plate and grate some fresh lemon peel over the asparagus.