Chances are that after a holiday feast, you’ll have plenty of leftovers. Here’s a great recipe for using your Thanksgiving/holiday leftovers for a delicious panini sandwich on your Foreman Grill. Instead of just reheating and serving it all the same way, try this easy and delicious recipe. Trust us, it’s amazing!
- Carved turkey breast (or you can use deli turkey)
- sliced vidalia onion
- 2 slices of cheese (preferably cheddar)
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- Olive Oil
Total time:8 min – Prep time:5 min – Cook time:3 min – Serves:1 people
1. Create your panini sandwich by placing 1 slice of cheese on one of the bread slices. Add thin slices of vidalia onion, followed by some spinach. Now add some turkey breast and the other slice of bread. Brush both sides of the sandwich with olive oil.
2. Preheat your George Foreman Grill for 5 minutes with the lid closed. Place sandwich on grill and cook for approximately 3 minutes or until bread is nicely toasted and cheese is melted.
3. When done, remove from grill, open sandwich, and add a layer of cool (but not cold) homemade cranberry sauce. This will give the panini a nice contrast between warm and cool ingredients.
4. Serve with kettle chips or leftover mashed potatoes.