Many people don’t realize making sandwiches on the Foreman Grill is possible, but not only is it possible, it’s easy and delicious! This tasty recipe for a prosciutto, mozzarella and basil panini will make you think you’ve ordered from a gourmet sandwich shop. Give this a try and you’ll quickly have a new favorite sandwich!
- 4 oz thinly sliced prosciutto (about 5 regular slices)
- 2 oz sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Basil (approximately 8 whole leaves)
- Sliced tomato
- Sourdough Bread
- Olive oil
Total time:8 min – Prep time:5 min – Cook time:3 min – Serves:1 people
1. Preheat your George Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes with lid closed. Use high heat setting if you have temperature controls.
2. Build sandwich by placing folded slices of prosciutto on bread, followed by the mozzarella cheese, basil and tomato slices. This will allow the tomato and basil to melt into the mozzarella. Brush outside of the sandwich with olive oil and place on Foreman Grill. Close lid and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
3. Serve with a good dill pickle and kettle chips. Enjoy!